This is delicious on cold winter nights and Butternut Squash is packed with Beta Carotene.
This is a simple recipe with a few ingredients.
Ingredients2-3 Butternut Squash or 6 Cups already broken
1/2- 1- Can of Light Coconut Milk
1/2 Tblspn of Mild Curry Powder
1. Bake Butternut Squash on high heat in the over about 350 degrees for 1 hour
Adding Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
2. Set aside and let cool, when cool scoop out flesh with big spoon, seeds can be used and eaten later.
3. Add enough squash to fill a blender 3/4 the way full
4. Add Coconut Milk
5. Add Curry to taste
6. When it's a creamy rich consistency put in a pot reheat.
7. Put in beautiful bowls and Garnish with Coriander or Cilantro leaves
Note: You may have to do it in batches, since not all the Squash can fit at once in the blender. Keep tasting soup, add more or less Curry as you like. Soup can be freezed and last up to 3 months in Freezer. I like to freeze these soups and have them on hand when I'm hungry it's a nice way to fill up on all these gorgeous vitamins and nutrients. Enjoy with some nice Ciabatta bread !