Monday 4 November 2013

Pumpkin Spice Blend- Add Some Spice to Your Life !

Pumpkin Spice Blend is easy to make and it's nice to have a jar on hand during the Fall and holiday season. You can add it to your Pumpkin Flans, Pumpkin Pies, Pumpkin Enchiladas, Pumpkin Pancakes, and Pumpkin Stews. You can also use it to marinate on Meats and even hot chocolate for a nice warm spicey note. It's nice if you can have these spices already on hand. I try to buy them in bulk at the Indian and Persian stores in Los Angeles. Then, I put them in nice jars ( mayonaisse jars or jelly jars) that I have collected and store them for when I need it. I put in my Pumpkin Flan which I will be writing about soon and in my Hot Chocolate.



Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe:
2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Ginger
2 Teaspoons Ground Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon Allspice
1/2 Teaspoon Clove

Multiply the amount of Spices depending how much quantity you would like, put in a nice jar and store it in a cool place. Use your imagination, enjoy on cakes, toasts, meat, for a Latin Twist just add a bit of Chile Pepper, Cayenne or Jalapenos.

More in Sabrina's Latin Kitchen, coming soon The History of Spices series.

No comments: